Major Muscles Worked:
Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders
- Stand tall with your feet about hip width apart.
- Chest up, and shoulders back.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand by your sides.
- Keeping your elbows close to your sides, bending your elbows, curl the dumbbells up so that they’re now at your shoulders.
You can rotate your palms so that they’re facing your shoulders, or your palms can be facing in, towards the mid-line of your body.
- With your elbows close to your sides, lower the weight with control back to the starting position.
- Pause before starting the next repetition
- Focus on keeping your elbows as close to your body as possible. If your elbows splay away from your body, your weight may be too heavy.
- Resist the urge to sway back & forth with your hips while lowering the weight to your thighs.