Create your Intentionally YOU Project Wheel of Life using the tool below. We’ll be using the categories in this exercise throughout the program.
COMPLETE THE WHEEL:
- Review the 8 Wheel Categories – think briefly what a satisfying life might look like for you in each area.
- Next, pick a number that represents your satisfaction score for each area.
- For each category, enter a value from 0 (low) – 10 (high) indicating how satisfied you are with that area of your life right now.
- Choose a value between 1 (very dissatisfied) and 10 (fully satisfied).
- There are two empty categories that you can modify to suit your own needs (add 2 new categories, or feel free to split up existing categories).
- Now draw a line and write the score alongside (see example above).
- Click Create My Chart when you’re happy with the values, to see the result, and a copy will also be emailed to you so that you can refer back to it, and compare with future versions.
IMPORTANT: Use the FIRST number (score) that pops into your head, not the number you think it should be!
- Balance is personal and unique to each individual – what may be satisfying or balanced for some may be stressful or boring for others.
- This exercise can raise your awareness and allow you to plan a life that is more satisfying and closer to their definition of balance. It also helps clarify priorities for goal-setting.
- Balance must be assessed over time. A regular check-in (eg. with this exercise) can highlight useful patterns and help you learn even more about yourself.